
I know what you are think, and by you I mean my innumerable number of readers, you are thinking that I am going to be sensitive to the tragedy that has struck Japan. Like anyone who has been near a computer in the last several weeks, I have watch the tsunami videos being posted across the internet, and each time I have seen a new one I have thought to myself, “I'm glad I'm not that guy, girl, or house floating down the rising tide of the ocean. And just so you know I have sworn to my conscience that if I had money to spare I would send some to the poor chumps who have lost everything to the cruelty of mother nature.
But as you may guess, I am not making this post for the sake of being sensitive. I'm not even looking to pay tribute to the victims. My objective is to make the simple observation of how the people who own the house in the picture above have by dumb luck just increased the value of their property, not to mention the coolness of their home. Speaking of myself alone, in all my thirty-three years of life I have never rolled out of bed to find a boat atop my dwelling place. More than likely though, the people that own this home didn't roll out of bed; chances are they floated, and if that be the case it is fortunate that they had a boat sitting near ready to be used. So I suppose the morale of the story is, “if someone leaves their boat sitting on your house, it’s ok to check their mini fridge for your type of beverage.”
2 comments:
Huh. I'm not sure who to feel more sorry for, the owners of the boat or the owners of the house. 'Cause it's not going to be a picnic to get that boat moved.
Love the picture. And your writing is so fun to read.
Post a Comment