Monday, May 23, 2011

something seems shady


I don't know for sure; I could be wrong, but did I miss the world ending? From what I could gather from all the talk going round, at four o’clock on May 21, 2011, all the righteous should have been taken up to heaven leaving the heathens on earth to fight it out. I suppose that would make sense in light of the survival of the fittest, I always figured Charles Darwin to be fairly bright, but since I am still here and so are you does that mean we are among the savages? Does that mean we are supposed to square off to see who is that last one standing, taking the role for who has the right to breed? I sure hope not because that is a lot of responsibility, and I already have a wife. Besides which, according to my calculations, in the right situation I could beat up most of the people I know, and the ones I can't, I can at least out-run. So, here I come ladies, not.

Oh, how I was counting on being lifted to my divine destiny. No such luck though. Which is too bad because I had said goodbye to my wife in advance, wishing her the best of luck. I had put on clean underwear, combed my hair, took a jog around my living room, and then jotted down a note containing all the wisdom I had learned. I have been disappointed though, or perhaps I have just been left behind as an example to the rest of humanity as to what they could have been. Either way I am here, and where have all the cowboys gone?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'll take you on. I'll take you on anytime.

Barb said...

Yes, you are still here.....entertaining the rest of us. Something you have been doing your whole life.
Do you remember that trip to Phoenix? Everyone had a job to do. Do you remember what your job was?

Britt said...

Alright Z..... update your blog. I KNOW you have a lot to write about, why not put your opinions of the punks that commandeered your house for 2 months?