Saturday, November 29, 2014

score one for justice




Let’s all celebrate because I'm mad at this guy, so I'm going to break that guy's stuff. Even though the guy I am mad at doesn’t even know me, and I don't even know him. But he did hurt someone who lived in a neighborhood a lot like mine. And the kid he shot did happen to rob a place beating someone up in the process. And instead of mentioning that the kid that was shot happened to be stoned, let’s say that he was about to start college even though the kid was really just enrolled at a trade school. And let’s pretended, for a moment, that the kid who was shot happened to be a model citizen and that he really was minding his own business as he thrust his hands in the air screaming, “don't shoot.” Because if we pretend all this, we can also pretend that the guy who killed the kid is a gun wielding maniac, and we the helpless citizens should fear him. And armed with our fear we should fight him by burning to the ground the life's work of another guy.

Poetic justice I believe they call this.




No comments: